Contribute to the Blog
We are always excited to bring new writers and editors to the blog, so if you are interested in contributing, please let us know! There are various ways you can contribute, depending on how much time you want to spend. The purpose of the SU Community Blog is to highlight what you, the community, wants to see. Here are the steps for getting your posts onto the blog:
- Read the About page!
- Write a post on something you find interesting or think the community would enjoy – use your creativity, just about anything interesting and related to computers is probably fine
- Submit your post to an editor. We have several categories, as explained on the about page, explained below in more detail. If your post doesn’t quite fit, no worries – email your post to Ivo Flipse or Kronos, and they can get you headed in the right direction.
- A Super User Blog editor will contact you once they receive your post, and let you know if they have any suggestions.
- If you would like to contribute frequently, we can create an account for you on the blog so that you won’t have to submit posts by email. Your posts will still be approved by an editor before being posted.
- Once you’ve submitted at least three high quality posts, you are eligible to receive a free Super User T-shirt!
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact any of the blog editors.
Question of the Week
The Super User community chooses a Question of the Week, which you can vote for on Meta. Writers can cover specific QotW posts about subjects they are knowledgeable in. If you are interested in writing a QotW post, comment on the meta question for that QotW offering to help, and our QotW editor, nhinkle, will get in contact with you.
Is there somebody you’d like to see interviewed for the blog, either from the Super User community or from the tech industry? Let our interviews editor Ivo Flipse know, and he will work to get in contact and set up an interview.
WTF Friday is run by Bloodphilia, and is a weekly post about the strange things we encounter in our adventures with computers. This category is a place where we can have a bit of fun with the blog, and share our experiences – good or bad. Read the Meta post explaining WTF Friday‘s goals in more detail, and if you have a post or suggestion for a post, contact Bloodphilia.
This section is run by Tom Wijsman, and is dedicated to a more productive nature. Posts can include things like cleaning out workspace, cleaning up your computer, how to be more efficient, and anything related to changes with Super User and the Stack Exchange network.